Family & Children’s Services
Are things spiraling out of control with your foster child? We know most placement failures occur because of child behavior problems. COPES for Foster Families is here to help when situations seem too difficult to handle alone. Foster, kinship or adoptive families can call us any time of the day or night at 918.744.4800. Our specialized team keeps families together and improves stability for children in care. We respond around the clock by phone, and, when needed, we can assist in the home. For extra support, we will check back with families afterward to see if other services are needed.
CRITICAL PROBLEMS WE HELP PARENTS MANAGE:
- Defiance, yelling and/or swearing
- Inability to control emotions
- Aggressive behavior; hurting others or themselves
- Threats of running away
- Excessive crying or irritability
- Bullying at school
CALL US WHEN:
- You’re thinking about having the child removed.
- You don’t know what to do.
- You can’t calm the child.
- You’re exhausted, and nothing is working.
INFORMATION NEEDED WHEN YOU CALL
- Child’s name
- Child’s date of birth
- Foster home address
- Your phone number
- Why you are calling COPES
COPES will communicate with the family’s DHS worker to coordinate a joint response if a face-to face assessment is needed. If COPES responds by phone, they will communicate recommendations to DHS to assist the family.
ANYONE IN TULSA COUNTY CAN CALL US FOR HELP 24/7 AT:
Law Enforcement. Children. Adults. Consumers. Parents. Family Members. Friends. Schools. Neighbors. Social Services.