Begins October 6, 2016
For 8 sessions of Learning Together Through Purposeful Play
The Church at Battlecreek
3025 N. Aspen
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
A Pilot Program Sponsored by Connected Kids, Inc.
Learning Together Through Purposeful Play
Learning Together Through Purposeful Play is an 8-week pilot program for three-to-five year old children and their parents. 12 children will participate in a play based learning experiences once a week for 2 ½ hours in an early childhood setting. Parents will participate every other week, with 6 parents being present at each session.
At 11:30 each week children will eat lunch together under supervision of the staff and parents will meet for an hour long debriefing and teaching session. All 12 parents will attend the teaching session every week.
Who is this program designed to reach?
This program is for biological, foster and adoptive parents who want to strengthen their relationship with their child, learn more about child development and how to support social/emotional growth.
What is the purpose of this program?
The purpose of this program is to help parents learn evidence based strategies to support the social/emotional development of their children in a hands-on setting.
What are the goals for the program?
Our goal is for every child to:
- Develop increased self-awareness
- Identify their emotions
- Learn to deal with frustration and anger in appropriate ways
- Know how to get their needs met in appropriate ways
- Learn how to play cooperatively with other children
- Learn the difference between needs and wants
- Know how to solve conflicts with others
Our goal is for parents to:
- Learn how to support their child in learning how to deal with frustration and anger
- Know how to support the development of a positive self image in their child
- Know how to help their child solve conflicts in an appropriate manner
- Learn how to support their child in learning how to play cooperatively with others
- Know how to help their child identify emotions
To Register: Call Barbara Sorrels, (918) 307 – 0544