We have compiled the following list of resources that we hope will be helpful on your foster care and/or adoption journey.
- The 111 Project website offers links to a multitude of resources, partners, and churches that promote and support the foster care movement in the state of Oklahoma. You can follow the link for more information about the 111 Project.
- 2-1-1 Oklahoma’s mission is to provide a sustainable, easy access system for information and referral to community services for those who need help and those who provide help. Follow the link below for more information.
- The AdoptOKKids website provides information about adoption, links to other resources, as well as list available children in the state of Oklahoma. For more information; visit their website via the link provided below.
- AdoptUSKids provides tools and technical assistance to support states, tribes, and territories in their efforts to connect children in foster care with families interested in adopting them. For more information; visit their website via the link provided below.
- CarePortal brings the needs of hurting children and families in your community to your attention. Child Welfare workers uncover the needs. CarePortal makes local Churches aware, giving them a timely, non-threatening invitation and opportunity to respond. Follow the link below for more information and to visit their website.
- The Child Welfare Information Gateway (US Dept. of Health and Human Services) provides a wealth of information concerning foster care including a topics section and other tools and resources. You can access the website via the link below.
- Child Welfare Investigations in Resource Homes is a guide provided by OKDHS for resource parents to understand their rights and responsibilities concerning Child Welfare Investigations in resource homes. More information can be found at: http://www.okdhs.org/OKDHS%20Publication%20Library/13-20.pdf
- Citizens Caring for Children provides children living in foster care with material, emotional and intellectual needs. Their vision is to provide hope by changing lives and creating healthy futures for foster children. For more information visit their website at:
- CONNECT is a counseling center at Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption designed exclusively for people touched by foster care and adoption. More information can be found at: http://www.deaconessadoption.org/post-adoption/counseling-services/
- The mission of the Foster Care and Adoptive Services of Oklahoma is to improve the lives of Oklahoma’s foster and adoptive children by empowering child advocates through support, training, and communication. Follow the link below for more information.
- The Fostering Hope website offers information about the project. The project’s mission is: To provide tools, networking, and encouragement to anyone who is interested in becoming part of the movement to end child maltreatment and the need for foster care. For more information, follow the link below.
- The IDEA website provides information for foster and adoptive parents who have children with disabilities. There are resources on infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities.
- The National Foster Parent Association is a champion for the thousands of families that open their heart and their home to the over 400,000 children in out-of-home placement in the US. You can access the National Foster Parent Association website via the following link: http://nfpaonline.org/
- The National Resource Center for Youth Services at the University of Oklahoma OUTREACH has been resourcing the youth services community for more than twenty-five years, providing training and technical assistance to programs in Oklahoma and nationally. You can access their website by following the link provided below.
- OKDHS provides a list of pertinent publications concerning foster care and, child welfare. View the link list of foster care publications
- Ok Foster Wishes Links the communities to support, serve, and connect with Oklahoma’s children affected by abuse, neglect, and abandonment. Follow the link below to visit their website.
- The Oklahoma Adoption Coalition is a statewide non-profit organization of adoption agencies, professionals, and individuals dedicated to improving adoption services and promoting adoption as a positive option for children who need the security of a permanent and nurturing family. You can access their website via the following link.
- The Oklahoma DHS Adoption page provides general information about adoption in the state of Oklahoma. You can access the information using the link below.
- The Oklahoma DHS Foster Care page provides general information about becoming and being a foster parent in the state of Oklahoma. You can access the information using the link below.
- The primary focus and mission of the Oklahoma Therapeutic Foster Care Association is to promote the provision of quality therapeutic foster care services in the state of Oklahoma by providing a forum for information sharing, technical support and advocacy. For more information; you can access their website via the link below.
- Oklahoma YMCAs are offering membership and youth sports discounts to private agency certified foster families. Financial assistance for day camp, after-school programs and child care are available subject to eligibility. Programs, services and initiatives enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for college, and offer ways for families to have fun together.
For more information follow the link: www.okallianceofymcas.org