Travel Claims Information
DHS reimburses travel mileage for:
- 4 trips per month with a minimum of 26 miles
- Travel to bio parents visits, sibling visits and if the child must go to court
DHS does not reimburses travel mileage for:
- Visits to attorney’s office, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends
- Medical appointments – this is paid through Sooner Ride
- Pays for all medical travel including DNA testing
- Foster parent needs to sign up for the program prior to utilizing the travel perks (allow at least 48 hours prior to appointment)
- Will not pay for travel already completed. Prior authorization is required
The foster parent must be in the travel claim finance system before a claim will get paid. The PP worker will fill out the top portion of the page, then the foster parent will complete the remainder of the form. The social security number must be in both places as requested on the form. The PP Worker will be the one responsible to send the form back once completed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blank Travel Claim Form
Fill this form out completely and be sure to include the KK#, SS#, address of the visit, purpose of the visit and child’s name. The form must be signed by the foster parent and the worker’s supervisor. The PP worker is responsible to ensure the information is correct then the PP worker sends the completed form to email@example.com.
Allow 8-10 weeks for processing a claim. If the claim is over 90 days, it can take 10-12 weeks to process as additional signatures will be required.